Tails OS is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card.
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails OS 3.8 has been released, this version fixes many security issues, it is recommended that users upgrade as soon as possible.
Upgrades and changes
- Fix importing OpenPGP keys from email attachments. (#15610)
- Fix the translations of the homepage of the Unsafe Browser. (#15461)
For more details, read our changelog.